Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Phone: (800) 375-9006
» Want to know which company ranked #1 in 2021? Click here to read the best Gold IRA reviews.
With growing tensions between nations the and the decreasing value of currencies, it only makes sense to search for more profitable and safer financial options that give higher returns on your investment.
This is why buying precious metals and adding these to your portfolio may be help you protect your wealth despite the fluctuations and uncertainties in the market.
In this APMEX review, we check further into this online dealer of precious metals based in Oklahoma. You will also learn more about various APMEX customer reviews, complaints filed against this company and the features that the company offers.
Read this review of APMEX before you get started when choosing your preferred company for buying and selling precious metals to prevent yourself from costly mistakes and regrets.
Who is APMEX?
The American Precious Metals Exchange, otherwise known as APMEX, is a dealer of precious metals engaged in online buying and selling of gold, platinum, silver, and palladium including coins and bars.
As for the members of the APMEX, they hold membership in the American Numismatic Association. These professionals are noted authorities in the precious metals industry, and the company has even been featured in the Wall Street Journal and Newsweek.
Since its inception in 2003, the company has been providing a superior level of customer service and extensive selection of products to their clients.
Precious Metals IRA – Pricing & Storage Fees
|Initial Setup Fees
|Depends on Custodian
|Annual Admin Fees
|Depends on Custodian
|Annual Storage Fees
|Depends on Custodian
Ratings, Complaints & Customer Reviews
Better Business Bureau
APMEX has a current rating of A+ from the BBB and they have received their accreditation since 2004.
Business Consumer Alliance
The BCA gave this company a BBB rating, which is lower than the highest score available.
There have been complaints filed at Ripoff Report, but none of them have been recent.
What are the Pros and Cons with APMEX?
Are you thinking of adding precious metals, such as gold and silver, into your portfolio with APMEX or are you better off dealing with another company?
Here you will learn some of the great features you can expect from the company, along with common APMEX complaints that are worth looking into before you make a final decision.
- APMEX has an extensive selection of products to choose from. They feature numerous bullion coins from various nations include the Maple Leafs, African Krugerrand and Austrian Philharmonics.
- There are numerous payment options available to you to choose from depending on the size of your order. You have a choice in paying with PayPal, credit card, check, cashier’s check, bank wire and even Bitcoin. Each payment option has a different fee added to the transaction.
- The company gives you the option to send your order to the Citadel Global Depository Service for security. For most people this won’t be necessary, but it can make sense for very large orders.
- There is a lack of support when looking to invest in a gold IRA. There are many custodians to choose from and it’s difficult to know which one is best for you. Each custodian and depository has its own pricing and fee structures.
- APMEX has a low rating with the BCA and no presence online with TrustLink. It’s important to choose a precious metals dealer that has a large amount of positive reviews and is highly recognized by these authority sites.
- The company has received a large amount of complaints from its customers. During the last 3 years there are over 30 complaints and 10 of these occurred only in the past year. They criticize the way the company operates including the level of customer service they provide.
When choosing a precious metals dealer you want to make sure that the products and services offered are on par with the high standards set in the industry. APMEX is quite impressive when it comes to its wide selection of products offered and their level of customer service.
However, there are some concerns regarding their lower ratings from several authority sites and their high level of complaints from its customers. Also, if you’re looking to invest in gold and silver through an IRA, it may be difficult to get started given the many choices available to you when choosing a custodian.
- Ledger Nano S Review - July 8, 2021
- What is Ripple (XRP)? The Definitive Guide for Beginners - January 11, 2018
- What is Bitcoin (BTC)? The Basic Essentials Explained - January 8, 2018