Company: SD Bullion
Location: Ottawa Lake, MI 49267
Phone: (800) 294-8732
For those looking to begin investing in precious metals, the typical question you may ask yourself is – “Where can I find competitive pricing for gold, silver and platinum bullion?” In this SD Bullion review we aim to address this question by giving you information on this company and help you decide whether it is worth considering them for your investing needs.
SD Bullion positions itself as the “lowest cost” gold and silver online dealer in the United States. It aims to offer customer satisfaction and the lowest possible price guarantee to investors.
Among the products available from this precious metals dealer includes bars, rounds, a full range of national mint coins, as well as coins from Mexican Mint, Perth Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, New Zealand Mint, Armenian Mint, Austrian Mint, South African Mint, British Royal Mint, and Chinese Mint.
They also offer gun ammunition and precious metals safes along with their gold and silver sales.
Click Here to Find Out Which Bullion Dealer Ranked #1 in 2021
Who is SD Bullion?
In March 2011, SilverDoctors.com was founded by medical professionals with the primary purpose of supporting investors who wish to protect their financial assets. Thus, by offering investing insights and competitive rates for their precious metals they were able to progress quickly during their first month of inception in business.
In fact, within a year of their operation their website visitors had gone up from 5,800 to more than 750,000. Experienced investors including Eric Sprott and Jim Willie took notice of SD Bullion and they even recommended this company to professional and beginner investors because of the quality of products and service they had received.
Initially, orders were completed at SD Bullion over the phone. But, in the final quarter of 2012 the company further enhanced their customer service by providing an online purchasing option to their clients. Moreover, they maintained their standing in the industry by offering low-cost premium bullion to investors.
SD Bullion has remained committed to improving their services and extensive selection of products and in 2014 the company unveiled its new website with a new addition to their bullion category. They featured lead bullion and offered it at the lowest cost ever made available online.
Ratings, Complaints & Customer Reviews
Better Business Bureau
SD Bullion reviews from the Better Business Bureau are very positive.
They have achieved a BBB rating of A+ and have accreditation since 04/22/2014.
Looking at the SD Bullion customer reviews on Trustpilot there is a 5-star rating on their website.
What are the Pros and Cons with SD Bullion?
Choosing a reputable bullion dealer can be overwhelming considering the number of recent and established companies in the industry claiming to be the best in their field.
According to our in-depth analysis we will shed some light on both the benefits and limitations you can expect from this company. Furthermore, you will also learn about the actual customer experiences, along with testimonials that have been provided by real people.
- The prices offered on the products they sell are the lowest you will find from any other company. They will even match or beat any competitors advertised price online.
- SD Bullion offers a flat shipping rate of $7.77 on ALL domestic shipments in the United States. Thus, if you are purchasing quite a number of products from this bullion dealer, you can take advantage of this reasonable rate for shipping.
- You can find a wide selection of coin designs and other products, including survival food and ammunition featured on their website. This is why there is always something for investors to choose from which should meet their budget and expectations.
- Customer service is remarkable. Most clients who have chosen SD Bullion were pleased with the level of service they have received from this dealer. The consultants are responsive, and they provide notable information to new and returning customers.
- There is an issue with a lack of payment options offered by the company. For instance, there are those who wish to use PayPal or Bitcoin for their purchases, but this option is currently not available.
- It would be better if the checkout page included details on the shipping options such as the difference between UPS and Standard in terms of the speed of delivery. Some customers would like to know how their selected shipping mode could impact delivery, which may be critical for those who wish to receive their items at a specific time.
- When customers use their debit card to buy products, there is a 3 percent processing fee that is charged. This was also discussed on the company's website, and buyers may find this somewhat unappealing. For you to qualify for a cash discount, payment should be made by check, money order, or bank wire.
“I have dealt with SD Bullion on multiple occasions and I must say that the people that work there are very professional, polite and their service is exceptional. Quick shipping and my order arrives always as expected. The few times I’ve had questions after I placed my order, they were always responsive and their follow up was fantastic.” – Ron S.
“As a person new to purchasing silver, SD Bullion made it very easy for me to buy their products and even offered protective cases for a few extra dollars. I enjoy that they have a wide selection of coins to choose from at competitive prices. Also, they have coins that are rare which I have not seen on other websites. The delivery time was fast and I got my coins faster than I expected considering that it had snowed. Overall I really enjoyed my experience with SD Bullion and will continue to do business with them” – Christian Q.
Overall, SD Bullion is indeed a notable dealer of precious metals. Their price match guarantee insures you will always get the lowest price around when purchasing gold and silver. Additionally, their flat shipping rate of $7.77 allows investors to always get the best bang for the buck when ordering.
The level of customer service that they provide is consistently impeccable and their high ratings from past customers reflects that. Whether you’re looking to purchase your first coin or add to your collection of gold and silver, SD Bullion is highly recommended as the company of choice.
Click Here for the Official Website of SD Bullion
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- SD Bullion
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- QualityEditor: 90%
- Pricing & FeesEditor: 95%
- ShippingEditor: 95%
- SupportEditor: 90%
- Ledger Nano S Review - July 8, 2021
- What is Ripple (XRP)? The Definitive Guide for Beginners - January 11, 2018
- What is Bitcoin (BTC)? The Basic Essentials Explained - January 8, 2018
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Henry de youngMarch 13, 2018 at 9:49 am
Agree with review. Positive experience. Love the “creative” shipping labels. Clever.
David WarrenMarch 14, 2018 at 11:19 am
Glad you found it helpful Henry!
James AndersonJune 5, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Hello, just an FYI we at SD Bullion have a new website and thus both Bitcoin and Pay Pal payments are now accepted: https://sdbullion.com/payment-pricing
The additional fees on credit / debit card charges is based on standard merchant account fees, we couldn’t offer these payment options without an additional charge.
Finally your points on shipping time estimations based on shipping options is well taken, we will bring this up to management shortly.
SD Bullion Staff
JamesNovember 20, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Hello Again, friendly reminder, we have a new website and some major policy changes done (ACH) and on boarding (shipping price policy tweaks to come).
GO FyasAugust 4, 2018 at 5:59 pm
I hate em. I have all my mail sent to my private mailbox. They state Insurance is not valid if sent to these. What difference does it make, if you get a signature? Bloody wankers. I have p-l-e-n-t-y of options.
Valerie BronzSeptember 15, 2018 at 3:35 pm
The bullion co. Offer checks to be used but I have to mail them in. Will you be offering checks over the phone? It seems to be the basic way to avoid these xtra charges. I also am aware some other companies charge an extra 1% not the three % but 4% pocketing the rest.
Rich m.October 16, 2018 at 8:00 am
I use Apmex mostly but I will say that I would gladly use sd bullion IF or WHEN they decide to get with the times and allow e checks as almost every other online dealer does… just seems crazy I. The day and age we live in to have to physically mail a check.. not to mention the time it takes, mail, then check clearing wait, then processing then mail back order.. literally took me 16 days last time I did this from check mailed to delivery. But besides this sd bullion is great in my experiences…
David WarrenOctober 18, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Rich, they are working on getting e-Checks up and running. Check out their payment page, its currently in beta. Funds will be processed within 1-3 banking days of the order.
JamesNovember 20, 2018 at 9:01 pm
ACH is now available for verified non-fraud committing customers.
Other more competitive shipping policies are oncoming so stay tuned.
Jaxon HoldenFebruary 9, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Well done guys. I remember this being my main complaint when I first bought from you in the middle of 2018. Echecks are the best option, from a consumer point of view.
MitchellApril 16, 2019 at 3:10 pm
“Very easy to order. Great website . Simple to complete transactions. Best price on bullion as advertised.”
Jennifer CarterJune 18, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Simple straightforward pricing and terms. Easy to collect from SDB.
Ben TreenAugust 4, 2020 at 10:54 am
E check only up to 10 K….